Saturday 3 August 2013

'That decision was made for me as a nine- year-old': Why Emma Watson had to reconsider acting career after Harry Potter ended

Growing up: Emma Watson, pictured in May 2013, nearly quit acting
When the Harry Potter franchise finally finished filming, Emma Watson decided to take time out to consider whether she wanted to pursue an acting career as an adult.
Having been cast as Hermione Granger in the fantasy films when she was just nine, Emma has grown up on screen.
However, when the films finally ended, she decided to take careful consideration whether she wanted acting to be her career as an adult.
Growing up: Emma Watson, pictured in May 2013, nearly quit acting
After much soul-searching, the English star found she had the passion to continue and has since filmed The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and Bling Ring.
She tells the new issue of EW magazine: 'I wanted to make a conscious adult decision that this was what I wanted to pursue, because that decision was made for me as a nine-year-old. I had no idea what I wanted. I had no idea who I was really.
'So I wanted to step away and make sure this is what I wanted to pour my life and my energy and my blood, sweat, and tears into.'
Adult role: Emma as Nicki in The Bling Ring
Adult role: Emma as Nicki in The Bling Ring
Emma admitted critics questioning whether she and her co-star Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint could sustain adult careers dented her confidence in her abilities.
She explained: 'For a while I kind of bought into the hype of, "Will they ever be able to play anything else?"
'It gave me a sense of paralysis and stage fright for a while. And then a professor told me that they didn’t think I should act, either.
Time out: Emma in her last time as Hermione in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Time out: Emma in her last time as Hermione in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
'So I was really grappling with it and wasn’t feeling good about it. And then, I don’t know … it got so bad and people had put me in a box so much that it started p**sing me off. I suddenly wanted to prove them wrong. It gave me fuel, in a way. I’m not sure why that shift happened.'
Meanwhile, Emma recently admitted she has been mistaken for Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence.
She tweeted: ''Are you the Hungry Games chick?' #classic #also-noooo!
'HUNGER GAMES..... : ) !'
Child star: A young Emma in the first film Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone
Child star: A young Emma in the first film Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone
Follow us: @Celebbuzze on Twitter | Celebbuzze on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me