Monday 12 May 2014

Cindy Crawford on learning to love her signature beauty spot - and how she keeps in shape at 48

After 31 years of modeling, Cindy Crawford has certainly learned her fair share of beauty secrets.
Opening up in a rare interview, the 48-year-old mother-of-two reveals her top tips for looking young, how her hair is actually gray - 'but not 100per cent', and how it was her mother who convinced her to keep her now iconic beauty spot.
'She talked me out of getting my "ugly mark" -- as my sister called it -- removed,' Ms Crawford told Into The Gloss.
Forever young: In a rare interview, the 48-year-old reveals her top tips for looking young, how her hair is actually gray 'but not 100per cent', and how it was her mother who convinced her to keep her now iconic beauty spot
Forever young: In a rare interview, the 48-year-old reveals her top tips for looking young, how her hair is actually gray 'but not 100per cent', and how it was her mother who convinced her to keep her now iconic beauty spot

'I would get teased by the other kids in school, so I definitely wanted to get it removed,' she recalled. 'But my mother always said, "You know what your mole looks like, you don’t know what the scar is going to look like."
She admitted, however, that if she had the choice, she wouldn't have 'designed' her face with the mole.
'It does look weird when they retouch it or when they flop a photo. Other people don’t notice it but I’m like, "They flopped it!" My whole face is different. That's one of the things that drives me crazy.'
The Illinois-native, whose first modeling job was in Chicago after being selected as a finalist in Elite's first ever Look of the Year contest, revealed that she learned her make-up tricks from fellow models Iman and Diane deWitt.
The Illinois-native, whose first modeling job was in Chicago, revealed that she learned her make-up tricks from fellow models Iman and Diane deWitt
The Illinois-native, whose first modeling job was in Chicago, revealed that she learned her make-up tricks from fellow models Iman and Diane deWitt

'You had to do your own hair and makeup [back then]. But I didn’t have any makeup, so I think my mom got a little Mary Kay lipstick and I went out and bought mascara and foundation from a drugstore,' she explained.
'I was pretending like I knew what I was doing, but I was really just watching what they were doing, and that’s kind of how I learned.'
The supermodel, who is worth approximately $100million and in 2011 started her own skincare line Meaningful Beauty, said that these days she only works one to two days per month on fashion editorials.
'It depends if I feel like doing it and feel like it’s the right thing,' she said, before confessing: 'Honestly, the reason I do shoots now is because if I don’t do them, every day turns into a Throwback Thursday because I’m only showing up in old pictures.
The supermodel, who is worth approximately $100million and in 2011 started her own skincare line Meaningful Beauty, said that these days she only works one to two days per month on fashion editorials
The supermodel, who is worth approximately $100million and in 2011 started her own skincare line Meaningful Beauty, said that these days she only works one to two days per month on fashion editorials
The supermodel, who is worth approximately $100million and in 2011 started her own skincare line Meaningful Beauty, said that these days she only works one to two days per month on fashion editorials

'I’m from a generation in which social media and being online is not second nature, so I still have to think about it,' she said.
When it comes to keeping her body toned, the supermodel also opened up about her weekly diet, which usually consists of a protein shake for breakfast, a chicken salad for lunch and sushi for dinner.
If she cooks at home, however, Ms Crawford will make a meal like turkey meatballs with pasta, a salad, and a vegetable.
'I just don’t have the pasta, and the kids don’t have the vegetables or the salad,' she laughed.
'I don’t like when my meals are completely different from their meals, but that works. I mostly drink water, because there are a lot of hidden calories in drinks.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me