Saturday 31 May 2014

Robin Van Persie: I'd walk on fire for Van Gaal

The striker admits that he owes his coach for making him captain of the Dutch national side and says that Netherlands will "do something special" at the World Cup

Van Gaal Van Persie Netherlands 15052014
Robin van Persie says that he would "walk on fire" for Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal.







The 30-year-old will captain the Dutch national side at the World Cup this summer, while Van Gaal will leave Netherlands to take up his post as Manchester United manager after the tournament.

Van Persie has tipped the Oranje to "do something special" in Brazil and praised the coach's leadership.

"Van Gaal gave me all the confidence I can ask for. He made me the main striker, my favourite position, at last. He made me captain. I owe him something," Van Persie told The Blizzard.

"So I will be as sharp as a knife in Brazil. I will walk on fire for him if I have to – like the rest of the team.

"We have a lot of options. Our coach has a lot of choices over there. I think we are going to do something special."

Netherlands will face Chile, Australia and reigning champions Spain in Group B at the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me