Wednesday 22 April 2015

Cooling off in California with a cabana at the Peninsula Beverly Hills

When I think of California two things instantly come to mind - the ocean and pools. Can you tell I was a water baby? It just makes sense to me to have a pool if you are a Los Angeles native, even if the sea is just a hop, skip and jump from anywhere in Los Angeles. So, naturally, I can't visit the beautiful city without visiting a pool, right?

Half the fun in planning a visit to a foreign city is planning the hotel and for me I'm always on the lookout for locations that have pools - a rooftop pool is even better! This time around The Peninsula Beverly Hills came in handy.

Mademoiselle Robot and I took full advantage of a very special deal running at the hotel, and naturally I had to share for any of you thinking of taking to the coast sooner rather than later. From now until May 22nd, The Peninsula Beverly Hills are giving guests the chance to book a cabana on the rooftop pool from 10am-6pm for $350 per couple. The experience includes: daytime cabana, pool usage, cocktails for two and seasonal chef bites. Oh how worth it this is, people. Now if only Mr. FFG had thought to come out and set this up. But hey, a day in the sun with a best girlfriend is the second best thing.

Now, if you really want to push the boat out, book a mani/pedi in the cabana spa. Yes, you can get your nails done with a view of Beverly Hills and a heavenly pool. It just so happened that while we were in residence there was a special promotion going with the mani/pedi in which you receive a complimentary Butter London nail polish with each booking (just quote "Butter London"). You can take the girl out of London... but you can't escape London brands!

In short, I can't recommend this experience enough if you are looking for a truly luxurious experience in Beverly Hills. What a great way to surprise a loved one or a friend in need of some serious R&R. 

Here's a little visual diary of our day in the sun. As expected, it's mostly pictures of food. I mean the pool is great, but how many pictures of the pool can one person consume? Plus, the food was so incredible I just went ahead and decided to make it a main feature. Ok, ok, who am I kidding? After eating all this food I wasn't about to share pictures of myself floating in the pool.






No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me