Wednesday 10 June 2015

Shoe of the month: Saint Laurent 'Candy'

sandra1_web
sandra2_web
sandra3_web


Today I’m starting a new category that I’m going to call ‘Shoe of the Month’. Throughout my years of blogging, beautiful heels have always been at the very core of 5 inch and up, so I wanted to bring you a more informative post every month of some of my favorite shoes, seasonal it buys and splurge-worthy classics. You’re welcome to request reviews if there is a pair you are thinking about buying or simply have something shoe-wise puzzling your mind, these will be 100% honest.

Although my list of classics is fast growing (just wait for the post on those Louboutins and Rockstuds) I wanted to talk about the seasonal 'Candy' shoe from Saint Laurent, because I think it’s one of the most interesting styles out right now. Gloriously bringing together the best of the 70’s and the 80‘s, this platform comes is a whopping 17 different colours combinations, or that’s how far I counted....

Best worn with flared pants, which is why I opted for the exception of a colour instead of the usual black. That was the original thought, I have to admit I’m slightly regretting this as the studded, black pair is still haunting my dreams. Definitely a shoe I would combine with a tailored, monochrome suit or some black suede fringes, but because of the bright colour, I would keep the 70’s reference sharp and minimal, to avoid the dreaded ‘ blast from the past’ look. There is also a skinny heel version, more of a classic Saint Laurent shape, that again comes in a whole range of colour combinations, but in this one the whole retro reference is missing, the magic is in the chunky heel!

Comfort: 3/5
They sit really tight and neat on the foot but because of the high platform, the shoes are quite heavy, making walking is a bit awkward.
Quality: 4/5
The leather and finishing on these is beautifully smooth, as you can see in the images. However, these are the simple ones, most of the other versions are a bit too kitsch in my taste.
Purchase price: €695, Saint Laurent store in Paris.
The price varies from £620 - £1150 online.
Sizing: Runs a half to one size big.
I went down half a size (like I’ve done before with Saint Laurent)

Photos by Mikko Puttonen
A special Thank You to The London EDITION




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me