Tuesday 28 July 2015

Style Update: The End of Dresses

Yesterday I mentioned a purchase while visiting The End in Yucca Valley. This is a vintage purchase and, in fact, a one of a kind piece. As I was rummaging through the various racks of clothing in the shop, I came cross this oversized number. At first, I thought it was just a great khaki work dress. When I pulled it from its partners, I noticed it was oh so much more. This was a hand crafted lace embellished number like nothing I had ever come across, and the plot thickened as I approached the register to pay. Apparently this dress was discovered in an estate sale of a model/designer couple. The model and socialite had a closet that was second to none in LA, with more designer names hanging from racks than even Bergdorf Goodman could lay claim to.  Yet, the model loved original pieces more than anything else and her designer boyfriend handcrafted this one off piece for her, which was apparently one of her favourites.

Now, unfortunately no names were shared - just this epic story. I'm dying to know who donned the dress before me. So not only am I sharing a style update from LA, I'm also reaching out to ask if anyone has ever seen this garment before. Do share if you have! I'd love to know more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me