Saturday 4 July 2015

Style Update: Temperley to my toes in Venice

Maxi dresses are incredibly difficult for someone who stands 6’2. That’s just the facts, folks. Dresses aren’t that long. They just don’t exist in a normal world. Call it my freakish figure but finding a good maxi dress is akin to seeking out the Holy Grail. That being said, there are designers that offer up a close to impossible solution to the problem and bring the world dresses that are long, flowing and ready for summer nights. Queue my ode to Alice Temperley and this gorgeous maxi dress I found in her collection last summer. It wasn’t a collection piece found on the floor of her London shop. Oh no, this bad boy required a pilgrimage to Bicester Village, where it was waiting for me in all its lengthy glory. I walked into the shop and it screamed “ long.” Oh how right Ms. Temperley gets it! Needless to say, I can’t recommend her fit enough if you’re looking for something to work with endless legs.

As far as the rest, you’re looking at staples from the FFG collection. A necklace purchased in Sri Lanka, wrist beads from Wallis and a Ralph Lauren Ricky, all accessorize this ensemble for a more island feel. Hey, it was the grand opening party of the JW Marriott Venice. I wanted to look nice, but not too black tie. I think it came together without a hitch… except for the fact that I kept loosing my strap!




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me