Friday 18 September 2015

The Best Drugstore Foundation Routine





Yesterday I posted a lil' recap of my Drugstore Foundation and contouring routine over on my Youtube Channel and I thought I'd share it on here and hit you up with some mini reviews of the products I used in the videos! You can watch the video above for my application and some tips or oer on my channel if you prefer!

Maybelline Baby Skin Primer*:
A nifty little apricot primer that smooths the skin out while adding a touch of radiance to tired, dull and sleepy skin! If you have a sallow skin-tone then this product is a must have as it's apricot tone counteract green's and greys in the skin to give a subtle lit from within glow.

L'Oreal 24 Hour Infallible Matte Foundation
I've raved about this foundation before and done a full review on this in the past but the long and short of it is... if you're in the market for a full coverage, matte foundation then this one is for you. Long lasting, cheap and effective this is probably the best drugstore foundation out there and I'd totally recommend giving it a go.

Rimmel Good to Glow
A cute little highlighter which I personally like to mix with my foundation to stop it from  looking so flat and matte. While we want matte skin we dont want it to loose some of the natural luminosity and by adding a few drops of this it creates a lovely base. This would also work well if you're trying to "strobe" your face if you use it as primer before applying your foundation on top.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
A product that doesn't really need any introductions. It's probably the most hyped concealer on the UK drugstore market. If you're into high coverage or just want something to conceal those pesky spots then pick this up. It'll be the best £5 you've ever spent.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
I think this is one of those beauty products that I've used for as long as I can remember. The Rimmel Stay Matte powder is one of those things that seems to have been around forever and worked consistently. It's an affordable matte powder which helps set makeup, keep oil at bay and doesnt cake. Plus you wont feel guilty throwing it in your handbag as it's only £3.99!

Maybelline Master Sculpt in Light/Medium*
I've been using this recently in place of my usual contouring kit from Sleek and I think I've found a new favourite. I have the shade light/medium which is ideal for a natural contour but it does come in other shades if you want a stronger cheek look. The highlighter is so dreamy and applies very similarly to the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial powder for a glow without any glitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me