Tuesday 15 March 2016

Review: Le Grand Bellevue, Gstaad, Switzerland {Video}

This year we've had maybe two flurries of snow in my part of London. There is little to no winter weather happening here, besides a few cold fronts and a whole lot of rain. If you ask me, that doesn't really put one in any sort of festive mood. In fact, it's just down right depressing. So, I decided that I wouldn't wait for the snow any longer... I'd go out and find it. And that's exactly what I did with a weekend at Le Grand Bellevue in Gstaad, Switzerland.

Only this trip's a little different than most for what I usually share on Fashion Foie Gras. You see, the whole experience was so magical and picturesque that I thought I'd let my camera do the talking. A video was born. And ok, the lens doesn't do all the work here. I'm talking you through the experience of being in Gstaad at Le Grand Bellevue, but it's truly the first time I have felt like I have accurately been able to capture how it feels to be in such an incredible location (see video and still imagery below).

Our adventure with Le Grand Bellevue began with a fairytale welcome. We flew Easyjet from London into Geneva and were met by a driver at the airport. As we walked outside we were told that we'd arrived just on time. Gstaad had received two feet of snow in the past 48 hours - ideal for those seeking out a winter wonderland and perfect skiing conditions. We made our way to Gstaad by van and arrived ready to sink into a warm bed with a mug full of hot chocolate. Le Grand Bellevue delivered... and kept delivering for the next 48 hours.

When we weren't eating, we were taking part in any one of a thousand activities to keep guests busy. Various spa treatments with beautiful Bamford products were offered in the Spa (more on these delicious products later). Lunch was had on the top of the ski slopes featuring fondue and meringues and horse drawn carriages were awaiting our arrival at the bottom of the mountain, offering grand tours of the beautiful town of Gstaad. It should also be mentioned that I ate the best burger I've ever had... and I think you know that's a pretty big statement. And the food offerings continued in a Michelin star restaurant, a small sushi restaurant and a magnificent afternoon tea- all in the hotel. One could stay here for days and never get tired of the menus found within this hotel alone.

It must be said, however, that while the interior decoration at Le Grand Bellevue was simply outstanding, it played a close second to a much more natural beauty - the views surrounding the hotel itself. Every window was an opportunity to discover a different landscape, and every hour presented the beauty in a new light. If all you did here was sit on your balcony and marvel at the mountains around you for two days, I'd say the trip was worth it. And don't even get me started on the air. Coming from London, taking a deep breath in Gstaad was a therapy like none other. After just one evening of breathing the fresh mountain air, I felt like a new person. I felt healthy. Imagine that.

Alright, enough talking. It's time to share the whole weekend in a much more visual way... with video! Check this out...


Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
 View from the room:
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
 Spa in Le Grand Bellevue.
 
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
 The new nightclub in the hotel: Bouquet. 
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
 A horse drawn carriage ride through Gstaad.
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
Le Grand Bellevue Gstaad
Out and about around town in Gstaad.
Louis Vuitton Gstaad
Graff Gstaad
Ralph Lauren Gstaad
Gstaad
Gstaad
Fashion Foie Gras stayed as a guest at Le Grand Bellevue, Gstaad. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me