Wednesday 25 May 2016

Best Matte Foundation for Summer




My base of choice rn is the Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint - If you've watched my Youtube channel you may have seen me use it a fair few times in videos and I think I even hailed it as one of my monthly favourites but I thought I'd expand a lil more on it as to why it rocks my world right now.

Ever since Laura Mercier mercilessly reformulated Silk Creme without any warning (actually I did know it was being changed I just didn't want to admit it to myself, sigh) I've been on the hunt for a new base to hail as my holy grail. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation is up there, but its not quite right. However this Nars offering is definitely my foundation of the moment.

It sort of reminds me of the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint which is my usual favourite summer base. Although a sudden realisation has prompted me to wonder if it's similar in formula or comparible. I need to go through my collection and see if I still have one lurking around in my stash. I have a feeling I actually used it up last year though which is a bummer. But basically think of a tinted moisturiser but knocked up a few levels in the coverage stakes.

I find a good buff or pat (as Im now converted to the beauty blender side) into the skin with a dab or two of concealer and a dust of powder, although I don't think you really need it. You're good to go. Think light-medium-buildable coverage with a soft glowy matte finish. Not flat matte but like a sort of glow-ish matte. It's super creamy and blends so nicely into the skin without looking like a mask so thats always a good thing.

Overall Im a big fan of this, but that's evident from the amount of times it pops up on my channel. I think it's one for more oily normal skin types as drier skin types might want something a lil bit more moisturising. It's a would reccomend from me!





No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me