Wednesday 11 May 2016

Style Update: A moment in Monte Carlo

What to wear in Monte Carlo
For some reason the Breton stripes of my closet called to me as I was packing for Monte Carlo this season. There's something about that French Riviera that has me going gag for a horizontal stripe. In reality, there's no coincidence there at all. Get ready, I'm about to give you a mini history lesson on the Breton Stripe and why it fits right in on the French Riviera.

First of all, the Breton stripe was actually developed as a uniform for French sailors - if they ever fell overboard, the stripes made them easier to see. So this fashion icon actually has a practical beginning. Who would have thunk it? So truly, it finds its home at sea already. However, it was the uber genius of Coco Chanel that made this a fashion staple for the holiday set on the French Riviera. It was introduced as part of Chanel's nautical collection in the early 1900s. The rest, as they say, is history. And here I am, just under a hundred years later, paying homage to the greatness of Coco and the region that inspired the design in the first place. Hello, Monte Carlo - I'm here and I'm embracing a stripe themed ensemble! 

Ps. Bag is from one of my fav shops in Notting Hill: The Jacksons 

What to wear in Monte Carlo
What to wear in Monte Carlo
What to wear in Monte Carlo
What to wear in Monte Carlo
What to wear in Monte Carlo





No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me