Thursday 1 September 2016

FFG Eats: The Roadkill Burger, Bobo Social, London

Roadkill Burger, Bobo Social, London
Roadkill Burger, Bobo Social, London
I ate something called the Roadkill Burger today. Truly, is there a better sentence to start any story with?
Yes, I ate, and survived, Bobo Social's Roadkill Burger. I'm on a new journey and it's all about the element of "new." I'm trying new places to dine, as often as possible, and I'm stretching out my palette by ordering things I'd never in a million years consider. The experiment begins here, at Bobo Social, the place where being "experimental" is the name of the game.

Here at Bobo Social, there's actually a weekly society that meets to designate a new and original concept burger of the week. Appropriately name the "Experimental Burger Society," this group meets every Monday to create the craziest concoctions they can muster and the winning combo gets the honour of a place on the menu for the entire next week. It just so happens that my first visit coincided with the introduction of Daniel Rech's Roadkill Burger. I feel like I need to straighten this out here and now. Don't worry, no possums, skunks or the like were peeled off the pavement and thrown into a meat grinder. Did anyone else just get the chills there? Are you sitting there thinking, "is this really a food review?" Try to stick with me.

The Roadkill Burger is actually Ostrich and Kangaroo meat. Not only did I not know that it was ok to eat this meat, I also didn't realize it was so damn tasty. I can feel animal rights groups coming for me now. "You ate what?" Before you go mental, Kangaroo meat is a byproduct of managing the overpopulation of kangaroos and ostrich meat has been eaten by humans for thousands of years (their hides are also used for handbags, car seats and more, as it's such a tough material). The two minced meats are pulled together in perfect harmony to form the patty for Bobo Social's Roadkill Burger. It's finished off with a fried egg and a piled of maple bacon, all served on a fluffy white bun. To say this is a mouthful would be an understatement. This is a mouthful of insanely tasty goodness and I enjoyed every last bite. The experiment, dear reader, was successful. And yes, of course I felt compelled to document the entire moment. 

Bobo Social was actually a Velocity discovery. I have to give full credit to the app for this one. I am, after all, using Velocity to guide me in my food experiment. A quick brief for those of you that haven't downloaded this yet- it's the best thing since sliced bread met sandwich meat. The Velocity  app allows you to research, book, pay, split the tab and receive email receipts for the hottest restaurants popping up in London, New York, San Francisco, Miami and Los Angeles at the moment. If it weren't for planning my week's lunches and dinners with clients on the app, I would have never locked eyes on the Roadkill Burger. Can you send an app thank you flowers? 
Roadkill Burger, Bobo Social, London
Roadkill Burger, Bobo Social, London
Roadkill Burger, Bobo Social, London





No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me