Friday 21 October 2016

The perfect fit: A shopping app that will make returns a thing of the past?

The days of strolling through a mall or down the street in search of the perfect party dress are long gone, ladies and gents. We have officially come into a virtual world when it comes to filling our closets with perfect ensembles. While I couldn't be happier about the whole prospect of never again having to elbow my way down Oxford Street, online shopping has presented itself with a new set of problems that weren't previously apparent. My biggest complaint? It has to be sizing. I am forever finding myself spending £400 when ordering an £100 dress simply because I have to order the item in three to four different sizes. Retailers are impossible with their sizing. No one is ever the same and I swear my closet has so many different items of clothing with so many different sizes that you would think I share my house, and closet, with four different women. By now you know I'm not going to present a problem that doesn't have a solution. So here it is.... EyeFitU. It's an app and it's going to perfect your life and kill your credit card. 

I was first introduced to EyeFitU a few months ago, when it was still in its infancy. Even then I knew these guys were onto something massive. Here's the skinny. EyeFitU is an app that allows you to shop the internet for items that will fit your unique measurements. The dream right? All you have to do is download the app and start the process of "quick measuring." This is where you input a few details about yourself and your body- no measuring tape needed (although if you wish to get more exact you can provide this information). You then give the app some key info about where you already shop and what you know fits. For example, if you know you always, as standard, wear a size Medium in Anthropologie sweaters and a size large in Gap sweaters, these two bits of information can go a long way in whittling down your size group in general. You can truly make this as expansive as you wish, and the more detail you can provide, the more the app can be useful. It's in a constant state of learning when it comes to your body shape. 

Once you feel you have provided enough detail about your every shopping and sizing wish, you find the real fun begins....shopping! Naturally, you are inputting all this information with a goal in mind, right? Your favorite brands, once highlighted, will be scanned continuously to create and regularly update your personal store, labeled "My Boutique." Never again will any of us be at risk of missing out on our favorite items. Once they're online, and EyeFitU knows its a right match for you, you can expect to see them lined up perfectly in your shopping space within the app. Heaven, right? 
There are some additional cool features that are worth mentioning as well. For example, you can use the app in store, not just online. Before you reach for items to drag into the fitting rooms, you can consult the app and see what size is recommended for you in any of the partnered shops. Not too shabby. You can also create multiple profiles in the app. So if you're the chosen one when it comes to shopping for your family, you can create a profile for the hubby, kids, grandparents... and the list goes on and on. 

Basically, I'm absolutely fed up with my returns and finding this app made me feel excited about the future of fashion and shopping online. It's a solution to a real problem and I'm all too happy to share the good news. Download EyefitU and let me know how you get on. And please, don't refer me to any bank managers after. It's your decision to download this app and spend responsibly.





No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me