Friday 4 November 2016

Style Update: The Marina Rinaldi Tsumori Chisato Collaboration

When you mention the designer name Tsumori Chisato in fashionable circles, you can see people's faces light up with the joy that is reflected in the designer's prints and shapes in fashion.  This is a name that is synonymous with fun in fashion. The creative genius of this Japanese designer is unparalleled and is a true celebration of everything fashion is supposed to be - fun! So, when Marina Rinaldi announced their collaboration with the designer in late 2015, I knew this would be a meeting of creative minds that I would love to feature here on FFG.

The first pictures of Tsumori Chisato for Marina Rinaldi collaboration were breathtaking. Bold prints, sweeping bows and exaggerated shapes in each piece for spring summer introduced us to a collection that would surely sell out. After a great success with SS16, Marina Rinaldi released the second installment of the Tsumori Chisato collection for autumn winter. For this season, Chisato toned down the bright colours, taking notes from the season itself with rich browns and reds, bold blacks and soft shades of off-white. Beautiful capes, coats and skirts, accented with shearling and solid blocks of colour, showcase a collection that is luxury personified. 

For me, it was always going to the be the Marina Rinaldi Tsumori Chisato Wool Coat that needed to have a place in my wardrobe. My first viewing with the collection was one in which I was pretty sure I was going to be forced to take this beauty off my back. Such an item of clothing deserves devotion, an epic savings plan, savouring when it's in your possession and storage for a lifetime with not only you but your daughter. Starting to see my love in full colour now?

You see, this is just the beginning of the beauty that is the brand Marina Rinaldi. They choose to not only design thousands of pieces for their clientele every season, they also open up their doors to designers around the world and invite them in to reimagine new lines. It's a beautiful way to work, in my opinion, and results in collections that have a special place in the history of fashion.

While I've showcased my love for my Marina Rinaldi Tsumori Chisato collection above, I wanted to share a few pics of what's still available to purchase online now. And watch this space, there are many more designer collaborations in the works that I will be proud to feature here for the world to see:






No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me